UseSWIG.cmake is borked -> need help with workaround

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:17:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the cmake version residing in rawhide, the UseSWIG.cmake file is
> broken. Upstream is aware of this. I've also filed a bug with fedora
> here[1].
>
> I'd like to find a temporary solution to this. gdcm cannot build in
> rawhide, and a lot of fedora-medical related packages are failing to
> build in rawhide because of this.
>
> I have the fedora 15 version of the UseSWIG.cmake file, which worked
> correctly. How can I use this in my mock build? I need to *force* cmake
> to use this file instead of it's own module.

I can think of two possible solutions:

1. It will take a lot more steps but you can try to use the F15 file,
something like:
# mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --init
# mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --install cmake (or the correct
package that supplies that file)
# mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --copyin /path/to/F15/UseSWIG.cmake
# mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --shell (copy the file over the rawhide version)
# mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --no-clean /path/to/srpm

I may have missed something as I wrote that from memory, but it should
be close...

2. Use the whole F15 cmake package, similar to above but you can skip
--copyin and --shell

Richard