Call for Test Days for Fedora 16

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Thu Jul 21 14:23:48 UTC 2011

> Hi, folks. The Test Day cycle for Fedora 16 will open shortly, and we're
> putting out the call for anyone who has an idea for a Test Day. There
> are many open slots on the schedule -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_16_test_days - and if they all
> fill up or you would like to run a set of Test Days on related topics,
> we can organize events outside of the scheduled Thursday windows too.
>
> It's often a good idea to have a Test Day for a major change or new
> feature you're introducing to the distribution, but we can run a Test
> Day on just about any topic. There is a full guide to organizing Test
> Days available -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management - and the QA
> team is happy both to help you run a Test Day and to butt out and let
> you run it yourself, whichever you prefer! If you're interested in
> running a Test Day, please contact QA via the test mailing list, file a
> ticket in QA trac - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa - and/or pencil
> in your event on the schedule, create a Wiki page based on the template
> (see the SOP for details), and get down to work. Thanks!

Hi Adam,

On the week of Aug 7 David Shein and I will be at POSSE-RIT teaching
professors how open source communities work. On the Wednesay afternoon
and Thursday of that week, the participants are jumping in to a few open
source projects and getting their feet wet; if there was a test day on
August 11 you could have a small pool of enthusiastic labor with some
on-the-ground guidance. We might be able to do testing that would
require some set-up, e.g., we could bring in a switch and create a test
LAN.

Let me know if this would be useful and we'll set it up...

-Chris