F15: ugly behavior of "df"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jul 21 21:09:06 UTC 2011

Am 21.07.2011 23:03, schrieb Jeff Spaleta:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Karel Zak <kzak at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> because
>>> really that is exactly what you want to do on your system.   If our
>>> mount command will still attempt to write to /etc/mtab once its a real
>>> file again, maybe things will work for you as expected.
>>
>>  No. systemd is not compatible with /etc/mtab
>
> To be clear, you are saying that systemd won't be updating /etc/mtab
> like the mount command tries to do?
>
> If so, I believe a sufficiently motivated admin would be able to
> figure out a way to manually update /etc/mtab from /proc/mounts if
> they wanted to see systemd mounted items in their site specific mtab
> they are trying to maintain

about what are you speaking?

in /proc/mounts is no hint what are bind-mounts and what real devcies
this is the root of the hwole evil and why F15 is borked for
anything which will useful DISPLAY mounted devcies / df and so on

where did i say that i want maintain anything?
i want not see bind-mounts in df / mount output and no
warnings if a call "df" as normal user while named is running

not more and not less