thanks for F15 mdadm systemd unit

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 22 08:05:10 UTC 2011

Am 22.07.2011 04:01, schrieb Doug Ledford:

> They have some valid reasons for wanting to avoid the risk of rendering
> machines inoperable or insecure because something didn't start

and while making a dist-upgrade to F16 where the whole system
is changed comes a helping angel or god himself holding our hands
and then nothing will go wrong?

have you ever heard "release early, release often"?

greetings to QA, release early works well, but the release often to fix with
the early thing introduced bad behavior is since a long time forgotten and has
probably died

> but I have to agree with you that the half systemd, half sysv init thing
> is pretty damn fugly

this is simply unacceptable and such things must not go GA
not in business world nor in free software

normally in free software world i heard "it is released when it is ready"
seems this times are over abd marketing has won :-(