thanks for F15 mdadm systemd unit

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 13:22:25 UTC 2011

On 07/23/2011 11:24 AM, Ric Wheeler wrote:

> What I think that you and others are not given credit is that most
> upstream maintainers have very long lists of things to do. The NFS
> team is swamped doing support for pNFS (version 4.1) and has been
> going through massive change for example.

And?

I think you and others fail to understand is that we too are very busy
as well and given your responce I see now how this game is played I
guess you are the only one who's allowed to be busy....

> When you have a very invasive feature that requires the entire world
> to change and brings no domain specific advantages to users of
> impacted subsystems, you should not be surprised that you see
> resistance (what new capability does NFS get from the systemd changes
> for example!).

Seriously am I supposed to play that dance yet again the merits over the
legacy sysv init system as been explained to death more then once.

Converting the nfs legacy sysv init script to native systemd one is not
a technical problem nor requires any code changes to the nfs code base
it's a human one and there is no point for me trying to explain things
to an indvidual that is not willing to listen that is just a waste of my
time which is better spent with people that actually are willing to
listen, learn adapt and move on.

And it's just going to make my day that if the only component that
requires absolutely no code changes is going to block the alpha release
because the maintainer refused to get with the program and make the
changes like everyone else all because he did not want to inconvenient
the little sysadmin.

> That is where you need to use charm and persuasion to move things
> along :)

Encase you have not noticed thou I'm pretty sure everyone else has, the
score on charisma on my  character sheet is relatively low and given
that I'm not a lucky man especially with dices then it should be pretty
obvious that I wont be charming anyone... ;)

JBG