thanks for F15 mdadm systemd unit

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 05:57:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 22:01 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:

> They have some valid reasons for wanting to avoid the risk of rendering
> machines inoperable or insecure because something didn't start, but I
> have to agree with you that the half systemd, half sysv init thing is
> pretty damn fugly.

Well, the design for F15 was pretty much to use systemd as the daemon,
but leave all the services as sysv, just as we've been using upstart for
years. The only things which were converted to be native were things
that it turned out we *had* to convert, because - due to various boring
little details about how systemd works - leaving them as sysv-native
would have caused significant bugs.

the design for f16 is to convert all the 'stock' services you get with a
default install, and on the live image (aiui).

how else could we do it? it would be impractical to convert every single
service in the entire distro in a single six month cycle. unless you're
volunteering. ;)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey