orphaning / looking for new owner for monkey-bubble

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jul 26 11:57:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 09:12:54 +0200,
  Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been thinking about orphaning monkey-bubble for a while now,
> mostly because it is dead upstream and it is using various obsolete
> gnome technologies (esound, libgnomeui, bonobo).
>
> Yesterday it came to my attention that monkey-bubble also contains
> at least 1 sound sample which we should not be re-distributing, as
> well as various sound samples from unclear origin. This has helped
> me make up my mind, and unless someone else jumps in to take it over
> (and fix the sound sample situation) I'm going to orphan it.
>
> So anyone want to take over monkey-bubble?

Even though I normally like to save games, I think letting this one go
is probably a good idea. Upstream is really gone. They changed their
web site and repository locations and then let the new area disappear.
Only the old web site and some tarballs seem to be available.

It's kind of a cute game, but unless someone is willing to be a real
upstream for it, it should probably be let go.