Adding ~/.local/bin to default PATH

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Jul 27 14:06:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, 27.07.11 10:01, seth vidal (skvidal at fedoraproject.org) wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 15:54 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
> > I think the discussion where to place this is moot anyway, as the spec
> > has been written years ago and widely (though not universally)
> > implemented, and we should just stick to it, since where it to place it
> > is nothing more than bike shedding anyway.
>
> But we shouldn't have to stick to the FHS?

The FHS does not specify the contents of $HOME really except saying that
user specific configuration should be in dot prefixed subdirs and
files. And I'd claim XDG basedir complies with that just fine.

Also the discussion ont he fhs ml suggested that the fhs should just
defer to the basedir spec for the setup of the home directory.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.