rawhide openssh-server update kills sshd

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 15:47:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 09:33 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> One thing to watch out for is /var/empty. I have had to manually recreate
> /var/empty and /var/empty/sshd to get the server to work again. This
> might be related to the recent rpm issue, but I am not sure about that.
Yes, it is related to the recent rpm issue and unfortunately to another
issue that rpm when upgrades a package that had
/<directory-path>/
to a package that has
/<the same directory-path>
it happily deletes the directory if it is empty on cleanup of the old
package. And the same happened when update was the other way when the
openssh rpm got broken by the rpm build.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb