howto not strip .so on install

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:54:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to help packaging dmtcp.  There are 2 shared libs installed.  They are
> stripped by the rpm install, and then fail when attempting to dlopen them (or 1
> of them).
>
> 1. Is that normal behaviour?
> 2. How can I avoid it?

Maybe a more experienced developer/packager knows exactly what you're
talking about but I need more information...

I know I recently ran into an issue where a small project was using a
simple makefile (no configure, autotools, scons, or cmake) and it was
stripping the libraries/binaries. I ended up fixing it by deleting the
line in the makefile from the spec file in the %prep section, i.e.:

sed -i '/strip/d' Makefile

Richard