Intent to package GNOME Shell frippery

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 08:49:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 07/29/2011 09:47 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 10:48 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Just a quick heads-up that I plan to look unto packaging the
>> gnome shell frippery extensions this weekend, if you've the
>> same plans or are already working on this, please let me know.
>> So we can avoid doing double work.
>
> Did you do this? It's the only thing that makes GNOME shell usable for
> me. I've been holding off on updating too many machines to F15 until
> it's properly available; I prefer not to install the package from
> elsewhere.
>
> I don't even see a review request in bugzilla yet...

I'm afraid I never got around to it, I still intend to do it,
but likely not before LinuxCon Vancouver, so if anyone wants
to beat me to the punch that would make me very happy :)

I'll gladly review it once packaged.

As discussed before I think it would be best to package
this with subpackages with each containing one of the
frippery extenstions, and then have the main package
be an empty package which just requires all the others, so
that people who want to can easily install the entire
bundle.

Regards,

Hans