Heads up: impending IPv6 Test Day

fkooman at tuxed.net fkooman at tuxed.net
Wed Jun 1 06:22:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> it would be really good if people can pencil in this event on their
> calendars so we can get some testing of Fedora 15's IPv6 preparedness,
> and it would also be great if those who understand what the hell they're
> doing with IPv6 could check over the Wiki page for accuracy and
> completeness.

Is there an IPv6 tracker bug? There is for instance an issue with
iptables filtering and DHCPv6 and maybe more of those:

RHBZ #591630 DHCPv6 responses are not allowed by default ip6tables ruleset
RHBZ #552099 system-config-firewall has no simple mechanism to enable
IPv6 DHCPv6 client
RHBZ #656334 Default Firewall blocking DHCPv6

(They all seem to be about the same problem...)

> Finally it would also help if people who don't understand
> what the hell they're doing with IPv6 - like me! - could try and follow
> the instructions, and let us know - via this thread, or the trac ticket

This [1] may be of some help as a high level overview of how to deploy
IPv6 on a LAN and various operating system IPv6 compatibilities.
Fedora is doing quite well! The document is not a configuration help,
but it might make it clear how everything fits together and brush you
up on your IPv6 :-)

Regards,
François

[1]  http://www.surfnet.nl/Documents/IPv6%20Deployment%20In%20Local%20Area%20Networks.pdf