Revoking and deleting in Bodhi Web

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:22:58 UTC 2011

2011/6/1 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>

> Sergio Belkin wrote:
>
> > What does it occur when an update is revoked and is deleted?
> > I've done an updated version of package, made a build and when I write
> > the name in Package field I've found a bit odd that new build doesn't
> > appear in the combo box. I wonder if I did something wrong...
>
> My understanding, is in bodhi:
>
> 1. revoke an update
> 2. wait for next updates push to get processed
>
> if you don't wait for 2 before deleting, there's a chance nothing actually
> happened, and by all accounts, your update is still in the wild (and not
> revoked).

How can I determine that nothing actually occured?

koji info:

Package                 Tag                     Extra Arches
Owner
----------------------- ----------------------- ----------------
---------------
UpTools                 dist-5E-epel                             sebelk

> Though, makes me curious, why would you revoke/delete an update, just to
> re-
> issue it again with the same build?

I've revoked and deleted an update because repoclosure reported that the
package had unresolved deps.

I didn't reissue, I submit a newer version.

Thanks in advance!

Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org