What is the status of Features/YumLangpackPlugin?

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 06:23:34 UTC 2011

José Matos wrote:
> 1) "This feature will also allow firefox and thunderbird to earn
> langpacks as they deserve."

Yes that was my hope but it needs acceptance from the fedora mozilla packagers...
Support and encouragement is welcome.

> In F15 asking
> yum list *langpack*
> shows that only
>
> koffice
> libreoffice
> tesseract

You're oversimplifying: the plugin does not search for "langpack". :)
eg kde-l10n is already supported since F13 I think.

> This seems an easy step, both to standardize the form of <lang> as
> well as to
> suggest a virtual provides to packages that already provide this, I am
> thinking in this case of packages like kde-i18n* or kde-i10n*.

Yes I think meta Provides is probably the way to go.

Concrete suggestions and design improvements are welcome - particularly in bugzilla. :-)
I think Bill Nottingham also has some more ideas in this direction.

Jens