rawhide missed an implicit dependency for #!python

Josh Stone jistone at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 20:26:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

Our dtrace script in systemtap-sdt-devel starts "#!/usr/bin/python".
Usually this leads to an implicit "Requires: /usr/bin/python", but for
some reason our rawhide build did not get this.  The F15, F14, and F13
builds from the same spec required python as expected.

The rawhide build which missed the dependency:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=2556409

Compared to the F15 build which properly requires python:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=2556473

Is this a bug?  Or must we now explicitly require python?

Thanks,
Josh