tomboy orphaned

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:25:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Aurimas Černius <aurisc4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gnote gives status icon 2 seconds to appear and shows Search All Notes
> window as main, if that fails. If you somehow delay the gnote start
> (wrap to some script for example) until desktop components like tray are
> available, it should start in a tray.

The status icon starts up in the status tray regardless how you start
it (via gnome-sessions-properies or just the application menu).
However, if it is started up via the application menu and the main
application window is closed, the status icon remains in the status
tray (this is my desired behaviour). If I start it up via
gnome-session-properties, the status icon shows up but it does not
persist if the main window is closed. This behaviour is less useful.

/Mike