Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Fri Jun 3 16:06:36 UTC 2011

On 06/03/2011 08:49 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 03.06.2011 17:41, schrieb Kevin Kofler:
>> David Howells wrote:
>>> ... and then you install acroread and things go horribly wrong due to
>>> their attempt to work around bash completion of filenames with spaces [BZ
>>> 702329].
>>
>> We do not support third-party proprietary software.
>
> this is a bad attitude!
>
> "not support" and "produce problems" are
> two totally different things

Perhaps that is true; but what I believe Kevin is trying to convey is
that we (the Fedora community) should not and cannot stifle our progress
for the sake of some 3rd-party proprietary stuff. This is especially
true when that software has free (libre) workalikes already packaged in
Fedora, such as Evince and Okular in this case.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>
Who am I? :: http://thecodergeek.com/about-me