Gnome Shell Extension manager/framework planned?

Louis Lagendijk louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 3 22:41:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 22:44 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 22:19:12 +0200, Louis Lagendijk wrote
>
> > one of the extensions to add the shutdown option, but believe Gnome3
> > needs more configurability so we can avoid all these "corrections" as
> > extensions.
>
> I think you missed what Gnome is all about.
I don't think I do. I like the simplicity of gnome-shell. In my rawhide
VM I get the fallback and really miss gnome-shell. But I now already
have problems understanding what trivial things all these "extensions"
do. This will make if very difficult in the near future to see which
real extension (applets) I may want to add/use. Something is missing
here. Let's hope these rough edges get sorted out real soon. All these
"extensions" are IMHO killing the simplicity of gnome-shell.