Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jun 4 08:54:13 UTC 2011

Am 04.06.2011 10:38, schrieb drago01:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> Am 04.06.2011 05:22, schrieb Kevin Kofler:
>>> It is not our job to work around bugs (or gratuitous incompatibilities with
>>> long-established Free Software packages) in proprietary software
>>
>> WTF - Nobody said that
>>
>> but let the peopole out there fuck in peace with more and more per
>> default installed packages especially if they can make problems
>> and if you can read the adobe reader is not the only one
>>
>> why do we not put ALL as default on the users computer?
>> yes - I LOVE bash-completion, but i have my own brain and install
>> it if needed - so why anybody must decide that everybody out
>> there should get it installed?
>
> Going by your logic we shouldn't install anything not required to get
> yum running by default ...

for a minimum-setup -> yes of course!
but is here idiot-day today?

what makes me cazy is the arrogant "we do not support third party software"
and if a package is OPTIONAL and can make troubles it should NOT BE in
any default installation - there are too many packages included yet
and damned stop to make the default setup fatter and fatter