Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jun 4 10:57:11 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 04:51 PM, Petr Sabata wrote:

> Why would you include an "optional functionality" (a quote from Packaging
> guidelines)  package in the default installation?

I don't think being "optional functionality" alone prevents something
being installed by default.  And the point of the quoted part in the
packaging guidelines is not at all bash-completion or whether it's
optional, it's just used as an example illustrating dir ownership scenarios.

Looking at what's currently in the @base group in comps-f16.xml.in tells
me that there's a *lot* of optional functionality already in it, in fact
I think the majority of stuff in it is more or less optional (including
of the ones marked as mandatory in it).