Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jun 4 11:58:44 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011 02:38 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 04.06.2011 13:20, schrieb Ville Skyttä:
>> but it seems to me that most of the negative feedback is also
>> coming from people who haven't been using bash-completion for a while
>
> no - i am using bash-completion since years on all machines

Note that I said "most".

> but i do not like making default-install bigger as really needed
> let the users install what THEY think they need and do not go the
> apple-way deciding what is good for users

I don't know what the "apple-way" is nor do I particularly care, but I'd
say regarding the default install, choosing what is thought to be best
for the majority of the Fedora user base is the project's
_responsibility_.  And the way I read it, it's also codified in the
Fedora objectives, see the 3rd bullet at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives