vnstat / network wrong peaks while delete snapshot

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:15:45 UTC 2011

2011/6/5 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:
> has anybody an idea for which package i should file a bugreport
> for this? i guess "vnstat" is only the postman

Maybe.  I notice that the bad value is 16777216.00 TiB, which is 2**64
... on a 64-bit machine.  A quick look through the vnstat code shows
that it is using floating point arithmetic with rounding to print this
value, so that's exactly what I would expect to see if somebody
managed to stuff -1 (or any other negative value of small magnitude)
into an unsigned 64-bit variable.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/