World IPv6 Day Problems

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 17:29:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 04:53:51PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Ah that's a virtual bridge between your VMs. I'm bridging my VMs to br0
> which is a bridge that includes the host's ethernet interface so that
> the guests have direct access to the local LAN and can see the radvd
> that is running on our gateway router.

Indeed - this is also the way I have libvirt configured, and my guests
are getting IPv6 addresses automatically from radvd running elsewhere
on my LAN.

For reference, here is how I configure the network:

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0
DEVICE=br0
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
DELAY=0
NM_CONTROLLED=no

and then I just connect each guest directly to the bridge:

    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:12:ab:a9'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>