FYI: gLabels License Update: (L)GPLv2+ to (L)GPLv3, new MIT-license subpackage

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Jun 9 19:21:33 UTC 2011

Hi, everyone.

This morning, I committed an update to gLabels 3.0.0 in Rawhide (and
will soon do the same for Fedora 15), which updates the license of the
main package from GPLv2+ to GPLv3+. This also updates the licenses of
the glabels-libs and glabels-devel subpackages from LGPLv2+ to LGPLv3+.
As I remarked in the %changelog entry, these changes were actually
included in the upstream 2.3.0 release; but that was never packaged in
Fedora.

In addition, this update also adds some templates from upstream, which
are put into the new glabels-templates subpackage, and these are under
the MIT/X11 license.

These changes are all reflected in the packages' various COPYING files.

Regards.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>
Who am I? :: http://thecodergeek.com/about-me