F15 / VirtualBox

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Jun 10 15:54:03 UTC 2011

Tom Hughes on 06/10/2011 10:25 AM wrote:
> Actually building the driver (once I'd downloaded the 620Mb DDK) was
> quite easy. I'm still scratching my head over how to actually install it
> though ;-)
>
> That was only the graphics driver anyway - what I really want is the
> agent for the clipboard protocol.
>
> To be fair you can download both the drivers and the agent in prebuilt
> form at http://spice-space.org/download.html but only for 32 bit Windows
> at the moment.

I'm not sure why you're using this argument as a positive thing. In VB
(or any third-party VM software) installing the guest additions for
32-bit /and/ 64-bit OSes is as easy and clicking "Install" and
rebooting. No driver downloads. No config file editing. Until
libvirt/qemu/kvm/spice provide a similar solution there is no comparison.