systemd: please stop trying to take over the world :)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 04:42:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:03:33PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:

> for decades. Fedora 14's init system isn't that different to the first version
> of RHL (4.0) I started using back in 96.

This is somewhat misleading.  There have been many rewrites of the init
system in the past decade.  In fact, the Fedora 14 init system has the
capability to be quite different than the SysVinit scripts that were adopted
in the mid-90s.  What is true is that Fedora 14 had not switched to using
the incompatible-with-SysVinit features of its default (or any of its
optional) init systems so the presentation and behaviour was almost the
same as older SysVinit.

-Toshio