OT: Fedora MulitiLiveCD, Current Status?

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 12 11:19:23 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the status of the MultiLiveCD,
> that was being mooted last year.

We were able to work through all the technical issues with the
proposal, and Release Engineering has created Multi-Desktop LiveDVD
images for Fedora 15.  They even auto-detect whether you're on an i386
or x86_64 platform, but of course you can override the automatic
selection.  A big "thank you" goes out to Tom Callaway for rewriting
the script that generates the images, Dennis Gilmore for actually
getting the images created, and of course Christoph Wickert for
championing the idea.

The North American ambassadors have had some media created from those
images (and I was able to pick up a copy this weekend at South East
Linux Fest and watch it work), and I know that the European
ambassadors as in the process of ordering media as well.  In short,
the Multi-Desktop LiveDVD is alive and working well.

In addition, we created a Multi-Install image that merged both the
i386 and x86_64 installation DVDs into a single disk image.  I don't
remember whether or not the North American ambassadors had any of
these DVDs pressed, but I know the European ambassadors have ordered
some of these DVDs.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader