OT: Fedora MulitiLiveCD, Current Status?

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Sun Jun 12 12:21:47 UTC 2011

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:16:41 +0200, John Reiser wrote:
> 1GB USB flash storage often can be scavenged for no monetary cost.
> 2GB USB flash storage more often costs real money.

I got my 2GB flash for free, I do not find this 1GB<->2GB difference relevant,
the availability also differs according to country how the sizes increase.

> The capacity of a CD-R is 700MB, and there are still-very-usable
> 5-year-old boxes (even x86_64) that cannot boot from a USB "harddrive".

Yes, there exist many old boxes.  But the common machine today both downloads
and runs 2GB DVD/flash without any problem.  I agree there still should be
CD-R 700MB 32bit ISO but it is enough to keep it under "More options >" for
those few old boxes.  People running such old hardware are aware of it.

Thanks,
Jan