[Fed-Devel] Re: SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 12 21:52:43 UTC 2011

Am 12.06.2011 23:43, schrieb John R. Dennison:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 11:39:17PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> WTF every three years a new pig is forced to run through the city
>> and if any subsystem is runnign well and debugged some idiot
>> comes out of his hole and try replace and force everybody
>> to use it
>
> I don't agree with the design or the implementation of systemd at all

i agree with the design and idea but not with forcing every user
with since years perfectly running systems to use it without any
reason - the are hughe differences between a new setup and a
upgrade

and even on a new setup this should be a decision of the user
at the very beginning what init-system he wants to use

> but to call the developers idiots is a little harsh, don't you think?
> And you shouting in a public mailing list doesn't do much to help your
> cause.

sorry but it makes me crazy that intel-graphics on newer hardware
is slow and buggy like hell and thean cames somebody and says
"upgrade to Fedora 15" with his little desktop without any developer-tools
and services perfectly configured over years