SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

John Dulaney j_dulaney at live.com
Sun Jun 12 22:04:35 UTC 2011

> PLEASE give us a option for systems upgraded with yum
> NOT USING "systemd" and force "upstart" as before

No one is stopping you from packaging upstart (assuming someone hasn't done so) for F15.

> * the system is running since years
> * every dist-upgrade via yum was no problem
> * now see screenshot
> * WTF is there to relabel if started with "selinux=0"-kernel-param
>
> WHY IN THE WORLD ARE USERS FORCED TO USE SYSTEMD ONLY BECAUSE
> THEY UPGRAD TO F15? DO THIS FOR NEW INSTALLATIONS BUT NEVER
> ON UPDATES

No one is forcing you to use F15

> I DO NOT NEED SYSTEMD ON 20 SERVERS HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE STARTING
> FAST ENOUGH AND I NEED NO MAGIC WHICH THINKS KNOWS WHAT TO START
> IN WHICH ORDER SINCE I KNOW WHAT IS RUNNING ON MY SYSTEMS

If you're running that many servers, then why are you running Fedora?  Considering
that Fedora has a stated mission to be the first to introduce new software and that
releases are only supported for thirteen months, would it not be wise to go with a
distribution that has a) more mature code and b) longer support?

John