SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Lucas macachuto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 07:26:46 UTC 2011

 >PLEASE give us a option for systems upgraded with yum
 >NOT USING "systemd" and force "upstart" as before
 >
 >* the system is running since years
 >* every dist-upgrade via yum was no problem
 >* now see screenshot
 >* WTF is there to relabel if started with "selinux=0"-kernel-param
 >
 >WHY IN THE WORLD ARE USERS FORCED TO USE SYSTEMD ONLY BECAUSE
 >THEY UPGRAD TO F15? DO THIS FOR NEW INSTALLATIONS BUT NEVER
 >ON UPDATES
 >
 >I DO NOT NEED SYSTEMD ON 20 SERVERS HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE STARTING
 >FAST ENOUGH AND I NEED NO MAGIC WHICH THINKS KNOWS WHAT TO START
 >IN WHICH ORDER SINCE I KNOW WHAT IS RUNNING ON MY SYSTEMS

My opinion:

You know what was wrong, sir - you put on your 20 servers Fedora - free software.
And that means that you can't get personal support, because most of real developers are employees of
Redhat.
Have you notice that they use Fedora like a toy, to play with, to test a new ideas, to try new
things on it. Developers do not count it like anything serious - it is a toy for them. Today they
decided that upstart is wrong and they need systemd, tomorrow they can change their mind, they going
to implement btrfs soon. Fedora is a test toy. Do not expect any respect for the long time use. And
that is why linux is not so popular - it has always been a TOY and nothing more. Consider to use
something different for your server or solve your problems by your self.

Thanks.