SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 07:33:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 06/12/2011 11:23 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

<snip>

May I point out that we've a be excellent to each other
policy on this mailing list. Your latest series of emails
seems to be anything but excellent, please stop this.

You're clearly unhappy about the switch to systemd,
my cents on that are that wrt the switch to systemd,
that ship has sailed. Fedora has made the move and I believe
a large majority of the Fedora users / contributors is in
favor of the move.

What you could do is give it a serious try and learn how
it works. I had to learn because of various issues with
iscsi initscripts which were not systemd's fault but did
get triggered by the move to systemd. It took me a while
but, once you get the hang of it, systemd is really nice.

Once you have seriously tried systemd we certainly welcome
constructive politely worded criticism. Preferably through
filing high quality (so what all needed info included) bugs
in bugzilla.

Regards,

Hans