SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:02:43 UTC 2011

On 06/13/2011 06:10 PM, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 06/13/2011 08:23 AM, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
>> * Steve Clark [13/06/2011 14:04] :
>>> Maybe Fedora should adhere to Linus's rule that we don't have regressions that break users stuff.
>> Linus has no such thing. Google the min/max incident and the amount of drivers
>> that were removed from the kernel tree before 2.4.0's release if you want proof.
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
> http://apcmag.com/linus_torvalds_on_regression_laziness_and_having_his_code_rejected.htm

This article doesn't really justify your point.   Reading LKML would
show you the reality.  If you actually believe that any one person can
stop kernel regressions, that is remarkably naive and avoiding
regressions at the distribution level is many times more impossible
because of the number of components.  We can make reasonable attempts to
avoid them.  That's all.

Rahul