[FHS] helper scripts location

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 18:37:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 07:57:46PM +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> How would you handle multilib and how would you transition stuff ?
> >
> > Shooting multilib in the head and just using 64 bit everywhere?
>
> You only getting 32bit libs / apps when you install them so no reason
> to get rid of them and make life harder for those who need them.

Obviously I was being deliberately provocative by my original
statement.

Nevertheless, multilib is a broken hack which imposes a burden on me
as a packager, even though I rarely if ever enjoy the fruits of it.  I
still have to deal with multilib packaging bugs as they come up.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v