SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 01:05:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Michal Schmidt wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:14:27 -0400 Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> Having a quick look at the link and at the steps to reproduce the bug
>> gave me shivers. Are we really sure that systemd is ready? I mean, I
>> don't even call my code "alpha" if it can't parse a slash correctly.
>
> Strictly speaking, it parses the slash correctly and it's a bug
> in /bin/mount. But I understand that's hardly a consolation for those
> who are affected by this bug.

Right, if it was working before and stopped working now, pointing
fingers at this point will not help the situation. Such a trivial
scenario could have been tested and fixed by the author of the code
before it was released to public. I hope this will stay as worst bug
in systemd (or triggered by systemd, however you want to put it).

Orcan