conclusion: F15 / systemd / user-experience

"Andy Green (林安廸)" andy at warmcat.com
Tue Jun 14 06:48:08 UTC 2011

On 06/14/2011 05:57 AM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:

>      Fedora could well benefit from switching to a rolling release model
> as well (no not rawhide - a controlled rolling release much as the
> kernel development follows).

I've been living from rawhide on my main laptop for a few years, from my
POV the existing setup where rawhide never stops and it branches off
before the release is ideal already.  I sometimes get the equivalent of
a "crossword puzzle" to do on the next boot after an update to get it up
again, but at least it keeps me aware of major developments.

Since the upstream projects never stop either, capturing that reality in
rawhide in packagable form as a first step all the time seems like it
must be part of a good solution.

BTW I am very happy someone is grasping the nettle of sysvinit, keep up
the good work everybody!

-Andy