[Fed-Devel] Re: SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:35:57 UTC 2011

On 06/14/2011 04:56 PM, Steve Clark wrote:
> You already are maintaining multiple UI systems which seem to me to be
> much more complex than
> two different "init" systems.

Not the same thing at all.   Maintenance of desktop environments doesn't
affect people outside a few people who do that.  If I don't care about
fluxbox,  I can ignore it completely.   Maintaining two init systems
actively affects everyone who has a init script in their packages which
is a lot more.  This is non-trivial and I don't see why I should
volunteer to test both a init script and a equivalent systemd unit
file.   If someone is interested in maintaining upstart for current
Fedora 15 and above,  they should take care of this entirely and I will
do it for one init system which is the default one.

Rahul