GNOME3 and au revoir WAS: systemd: please stop trying to take over the world :)

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue Jun 14 17:24:01 UTC 2011

On 06/14/2011 12:27 PM, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> On 06/14/2011 07:31 AM, seth vidal wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 11:25 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>> I've installed XFCE.  It was easy to install, and it works sanely
>>> (unlike GNOME 3 / Unity).
>>

>> And you can add some interesting tools around xfce which enhance,imo,
>> its operation.
>
> Does it have anything like vino where you can share your current running
> desktop via VNC? like in Gnome, that's probably my biggest check against
> it as I have to often vnc to a remote users session to show them
> something...

  I found vino to be so slow as to be almost unusable - regular vnc
works way better .. I'd think you'd only need to put the usual info into
the xorg.conf file like always for the server side ... but we really
need something like rdp - which hopefully we'll get when wayland settles
down .. pixel scraping is not the way to go.