what key between Ctrl & Alt (was: GNOME3 and au revoir...)

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 13:43:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 09:05 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2011/06/17 08:53 (GMT-0300) Domingo Becker composed:
>
> > The shortest way is by using keyboard, as Rahul says:
>
> > 1. Press the key between Ctrl and Alt.
>
> What key between Ctrl & Alt? The last good[1] keyboards made (AFAIK) predate
> keyboards with windows keys, so none of the keyboards I use routinely have them.
>
> [1]good requires:
> 1-function keys grouped on left so that only fingers of one child's (small)
> hand are required to use any combination of function key simultaneously with
> any combination of shift key(s); readily usable purely by touch of an
> experience user
> 2-standard inverted-T cursor keys with blank above up key and two blanks
> above left and right keys
> 3-oversize Enter key
> 4-double width backspace key.

The conditions 2, 3, 4 are still fairly commonly met although it seems
to be harder to get such keyboard recently - at least here.

However I thought that the condition 1 was abandoned when the original
IBM AT keyboards stopped shipping :). But then a short search revealed
this one:
Avant Stellar Keyboard
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=376&Itemid=65&limit=1&limitstart=4

--