how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:03:34 UTC 2011

2011/6/17 Jakub Jedelský <jakub.jedelsky at gmail.com>:
> Hi list!
>
> I've made some rpm packages (a special build for me or for company)
> from time to time but recently I have a little problem with my
> rpmbuild directory. There are a lot of different patches and sources
> in SOURCES, SRPMS and SPECS dirs.
> And question is: how to keep my dir clean? :) Have you any method for
> this? Do you have one rpmbuild dir for one project or do you use more
> user accounts or..simply copy files to another location? And as a
> bonus I would like to use git for versioning of spec files..
>
> Thanks for your replies,
>
> (I hope that this is not so stupid question)

I don't think it's a stupid question! I'd like to know myself. I use a
user account called "build" to keep my usual login clean and also to
prevent any damage to my user account if a build goes bad.

The only thing I have come up with so far is to make sure that I have
current SRPMs for everything I care about and then delete all the
contents of ~/rpmbuild/{SPECS,SOURCES,RPMS} and then re-install the
SRPMs I want to work with.

Richard