Orphaning istanbul ahead of F-16.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:27:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:48:26AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Jeff Spaleta (jspaleta at gmail.com) said:
> > If you want to pick up maintainership for istanbul let me know.  I'm
> > going to be retiring this package in about a week.
>
> What's the preferred screen recorder these days (outside of the shell
> easter egg?)

There's an excellent tool called byzanz which is written by desktop
developer Benjamin Otte.  It can record to a variety of formats and
I've found it pretty stable.  However, it's pretty clearly deprecated
by the shell's built-in recorder.  (Just wanted to give botte a shout
for his work, though.) :-)