GNOME3 and au revoir WAS: systemd: please stop trying to take over the world :)

Bernd Stramm bernd.stramm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:34:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:16:46 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:02, Casey Dahlin <cdahlin at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 01:05:08PM -0400, Bernd Stramm wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it fails on #1:

> >> First, this point assumes that there is *one* current task. That
> >> is not how I work. I have one main task, and I keep an eye on some
> >> other things, like whose is in some chats, what comes up in
> >> twitter flows, etc.
> >>

> > One could rephrase your complaint as "I don't want to focus on my
> > current task." So GNOME shell just isn't for you.
>
> Cold. Can we just call this conversation closed before it gets any
> colder?
>
> Gnome Shell is not for various people for various reasons. For those
> people there are other desktop environments. The End.

So I make a point. Someone follows that up in a style that is not
preferred by many people.

The consequence is that my point should not be adressed ? We all have
to be quiet about it?

My main point is that the full-screen menu causes a serious
interruption of work flow, and that this in contradiction with the
first point of GnomeShell's list of goals.

--
Bernd Stramm
bernd.stramm at gmail.com