GNOME3 and au revoir WAS: systemd: please stop trying to take over the world :)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:41:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:34, Bernd Stramm <bernd.stramm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:16:46 -0600
> Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:02, Casey Dahlin <cdahlin at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>> > One could rephrase your complaint as "I don't want to focus on my
>> > current task." So GNOME shell just isn't for you.
>>
>> Cold. Can we just call this conversation closed before it gets any
>> colder?
>>
>> Gnome Shell is not for various people for various reasons. For those
>> people there are other desktop environments. The End.
>
> So I make a point. Someone follows that up in a style that is not
> preferred by many people.
>
> The consequence is that my point should not be adressed ? We all have
> to be quiet about it?
>
> My main point is that the full-screen menu causes a serious
> interruption of work flow, and that this in contradiction with the
> first point of GnomeShell's list of goals.

No and if you let your temper calm down for a bit you will see it
also. The point is GNOME has moved in a different direction than what
you and I wanted. We can argue til our faces are blue that they should
not have done so, but it is not going to affect anything because we
aren't the people doing the coding.

Or we can move on to a desktop that meets our workflows and let GNOME
either adapt back to our flows on their own time or find new audiences
who meet GNOME's vision.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren