how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

Marko Myllynen myllynen at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 19:30:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

>> And question is: how to keep my dir clean? :) Have you any method for
>> this?
> What works for me is 1) using the Fedora git setup for persistent
> storage of the spec and patch storage, so that I don't depend on
> anything in rpm's %_topdir, and 2) using (rpmbuild --rebuild
> my.src.rpm), which cleans up %_sourcedir and %_specdir after itself
> automatically after a successful build, and doesn't generate a SRPM at
> all.  So I'm left with just the binary RPMs, exactly as I want.

perhaps this is a good time to mention that the functionality of the
mock-scm wrapper script [1] is now available as part of mock-1.10 so you
can build RPMs from CVS/Git/SVN directly with Mock. See the mock(1)
manual page for details and the LWN article below for higher level
introduction:

http://lwn.net/Articles/446253/

1) http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-September/142469.html

Cheers,