Self Introduction

Fri Jun 17 21:31:47 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I'm a Linux/Unix sysadmin who has been using all sorts of linux/unix
variants since about 1998 now. I have previously made or tried to make
some small contributions to the Banshee, Jokosher and KNode projects.
These did not go very far, but I was glad to be able to help.

I have been using Fedora for the past few years on the desktop (mainly
CentOS on server side). A few months ago I re-packaged BIND for our
company which was not easy so I decided I need to learn more about
packaging stuff properly. I asked Máirín Duffy on twitter what I could
do to contribute for packages and she suggested fonts as an easy place
to start so here I am :-)

She has suggested some fonts I could package so I'm working through the
first one, League Gothic. I'm having some trouble understanding what
foundries are and how font packaging works in Fedora in general so any
help along those lines is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Khusro