how to keep rpmbuild directory clean

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Jun 17 21:32:51 UTC 2011

On Friday 17 June 2011 20:03:53 Maxim Burgerhout wrote:
> You can embed rpm macros, like %name, in your .rpmmacros file. That
> way, you can create a directory per package containing SPECS, RPMS,
> SRPMS, etc. directories. I use it like this (out of the back of my
> head)

I use the same scheme but I prefer to have all the files related to the same
project in the same directory, so I have:

$ cat ~/.rpmmacros
%_topdir                /home/jamatos/
%_tmppath               /tmp/rpmbuild
%_builddir              %{_tmppath}

%_rpmtopdir             %{_topdir}/build/%{name}
%_sourcedir             %{_rpmtopdir}
%_specdir               %{_rpmtopdir}
%_rpmdir                %{_rpmtopdir}
%_srcrpmdir             %{_rpmtopdir}

%_rpmfilename           %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}.rpm

--
José Abílio