The behaviour of systemctl.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jun 17 23:31:08 UTC 2011

On 6/17/11 3:06 PM, Aaron Sowry wrote:
> No ship has sailed anywhere, because there are plenty of places
> output can be sent en route to tty - 'watch' and 'egrep' are two
> examples. Also, tty is not the only place people want to send
> user-friendly input. What about files and printers?

The apps that I've seen where they do something special like paging the
output by default, will not do that if the output is a non-active tty,
such as a pipe.  When you pipe it into something it'll react differently.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)