systemd: bugreports for missing service-files + service-files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 19 12:44:55 UTC 2011

Am 19.06.2011 14:21, schrieb Ville Skyttä:
> On 06/19/2011 01:41 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 19.06.2011 12:32, schrieb Michał Piotrowski:
>>>
>>> Seems to me very unlikely to see a new systemd services in F15
>>
>> i better not comment this with more than "normally F15 should have not been released
>> without them" and if so it should be fixed
>
> Switching from SysV to systemd within updates to a release is explicitly
> forbidden, doing so is allowed only between releases.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Packages_migrating_to_a_systemd_unit_file_from_a_SysV_initscript
>
> New packages introduced into a release are on the other hand a different
> story.

this is bad since it means that the default-packages in case of services are
not in the right order because systemd ignores that, anyways i will take them
from F16 packages, backport to SPEC-Files and rebuild the services on
my own because it is unaccaptable that as example dovecot used as imap-proxy
is fired up before the dbmail-imapd - why? because is accepts connections
and they will finally fail resulting the user is requested for his password and
we all know hat most users do not konw them

a real big problem is mysqld and fire up follwoing services in a 99% mysql-driven
environment because postfix, dbmail, dovecot, postfix-plocid's and so on
will randomly fail if they come to soon

for a full-mysql-driven mail-system the following oder is hardly needed
any other order results in hughe troubles every restart
* mysqld (ready for connections!)
* postgrey
* dbmail-postfix-policyd
* dbmail (lmtp/imap/pop3)
* postfix
* dovecot (in proxy mode)

maybe "ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 2" for mysqld helps a little bit
but pretty looks any other way

what i am missing too for some own services is start a process as explicit
user - example: service written in php as endless loop whcih sould not run
as root or "mpdscribble" (not a fedora package) i like to run on the homeserver
which is not designed native to run as service but does well, it should use
the mpd-user as before

however: attached some systemd-services in the hope making this process
faster and somebody will take a look and optimize if useful because i
am brand new on systemd