The behaviour of systemctl.

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Jun 20 14:24:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, 19.06.11 19:09, Steve Clark (sclark at netwolves.com) wrote:

> Aaron, haven't you figured it out yet? As far as Lennart is concerned it is his way or the highway!
>
> My $.02 after following all the threads about sysemd/ctl.

This is such a useless comment. In this thread alone I accepted two
suggestions and added them to the TODO list, and there are now even
patches for both of them, and we'll merge them.

You know, we are very open for suggestions and we *listen*. That doesn't
mean we do everything people demand from us. We will always have to
reject a few things people suggest, for various reasons.

You need to understand that you are not the only user of systemd. That
means we will not implement everything you ask us to. But just because
we said "no" to one or more of your suggestions doesn't mean it's "our
way or the highway".

It's folks like you who really make me wonder why I still bother with
fedora-devel. If fools like you don't get what they want they
automatically assume that nobody gets what what they want. But that's
just bogus and stupid.

Everybody else, please ignore Steve, and continue to constructively make
suggestions what we can improve in systemd, because that's
appreciated. And don't be disappointed if we'll not say Yes to
everything suggested.

Steve, grow up!

Lennart

--