Heads up: GLEW soname bump in F16

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 19:00:50 UTC 2011

GLEW encodes the package minor number in the soname string.  This is a
mistake, since sonames are strcmp not vercmp, particularly in this case
since there's no actual ABI change between 1.5.x and 1.6.0.

Dear upstreams: please don't do this.

Nonetheless, it's what they're shipping, so it's what we're going to do.
  The following packages are affected:

% repoquery --qf=%{sourcerpm} --whatrequires libGLEW libGLEWmx | rev |
cut -f3- -d- | rev | sort -u
amanith
avogadro
blender
cegui
cegui06
enblend
glew
gource
hugin
kdeedu
koffice
libprojectM
maniadrive
mesa-demos
meshlab
openmsx
pymol
root
rss-glx
scorched3d
sdljava
spring
supertux
toped
vdrift
widelands
wxmacmolplt

I'll kick rebuilds for as many of these as I can, which should be just
about all of them.  In F15 I'll leave the soname pinned where it is.

- ajax